Perhaps while attending a funeral for a loved one you might have noticed that people are more reflective.
1. Have you ever attended a funeral service?
2. What questions did you have about life and death?
3. Explain some of the theories people that you know have about what happens when you die?
In Psalms 8:3-4 King David marveled: “When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit him?”
4. What do you think King David was thinking?
5. Does it seem that there is more going on than what man often sees? How so?
Clue to our destiny
1. What does it mean in this passage to be “asleep”?
2. What is the difference between “everlasting life” and “everlasting contempt”?
3. Who are the wise?
4. What does this scripture imply about a reward after death?
Purpose of human life
1. Who are “sons to glory”?
2. What family is being discussed?
3. Is it possible that God wanted to add members to His family?
4. What does “first” imply about more to come after?
5. Who are the “many brethren”? Are they angels?
Sons to be revealed
1. Who are the sons of God?
2. What evidence is there that this is an event that the whole creation is awaiting?
3. Would you think this is important? Why?
Note: The entire creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God.
Changed into Spirit
God will ultimately change our bodies from flesh to spirit (1 Corinthians 15:42-44) because flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption (1 Corinthians 15:50).
1. How are our bodies corrupted?
2. Can a man live forever in the flesh? Why or why not?
3. Do you think science could keep people alive forever in the flesh?
Is lifestyle important?
God wants us to be a part of His family and to live long and enjoy good things.
1. Do you think God would give the gift of eternal life to anybody no matter how they treated others? Why or why not?
2. Do the commandments make it easier to keep relationships healthy? Explain and give an example.
Note: Take ANY commandment and show what impact it would have if everyone in society followed it.